- Interrupting the speaker.
- Not looking at the speaker.
- Rushing the speaker and making him feel that he’s wasting the listener’s time.
- Showing interest in something other than the conversation.
- Getting ahead of the speaker and finishing her thoughts.
- Not responding to the speaker’s requests.
- Saying, “Yes, but . . .,” as if the listener has made up his mind.
- Topping the speaker’s story with “That reminds me. . .” or “That’s nothing, let me tell you about. . .”
- Forgetting what was talked about previously.
- Asking too many questions about details.
10 Ways to Listen Better
I am confessing to being a horrible listener. Having ears that are about 50% doesn't help, I should be getting tubes again anytime. Hopefully these tips will help.