4.19.2008

I'm Officially a Bike Geek

No sense trying to deny it anymore. I picked up a pair of bike shoes yesterday and although I was very nervous about trying them (you are supposed to fall a few times before getting the hang of the process) everything went well except for the weather. They have a few benefits over standard shoes. The velcro closures don't catch on the crank when pedalling. I've had that happen numerous times and fortunately never been in traffic. The big benefit is in the pedalling department. They have a small cleat in the bottom which 'clicks' into two springs in the pedals locking your foot to the bike. Once clipped in you are able to pull up on the pedals as well as push down so your legs are working in both directions. I have a whole new set of muscles to torture on the big hills.

No comments: