3.18.2009

Not Now, OK?

I guess I'm going to need to get a 2nd job to keep Sal at home. Since she's been around for supper we've been eating some pretty hearty meals. Last night was chicken taco soup and made-from-scratch corn bread. I carted some of the soup in my pack this morning and just about ended up eating from the pack as Eyowen and I did a full perpendicular slide along a sheet if ice on the bike path. Both wheels facing 90 degrees from the direction we were travelling. One leg on the pedal and the other hopping along behind trying not to fall over and explode my tasty cargo. Sure was good to get out and the high winds dried up a lot of the bigger puddles.

I don't often stop and pray for anything. I'm pulling out all the stops on this one. Please let Sal enjoy our upcoming trip, period. She's been coming down with a cold and that just won't cut it. This is probably a once in a lifetime for us and it just wouldn't be fair. Just give her one week and then if she's due a nasty cold then fine, but not now, Okay? Thanks. You can even give one to me, I can't freeze out the germs anymore so have at it, I won't complain at all.


Jamaica here we come.

No comments: