3.03.2009

Frostbite Claims Jill's 2nd Iditabike

Sad to read that Jill Homer's attempt at a 2nd Iditabike fell short. She stepped into a crack in the ice on a lake and nearly lost Pugsley, her snow bike. One boot filled with water and rather than stop and dry it she attempted to get to the first rest stop 6 hours away. It took her more than an hour to thaw out the boot and get it off, only to discover the frostbite and end up in emergency for 6 hours.
 
Three games to go in the Northwood season after a major upset and two ties on Sunday. The teams now play off in a one game for the hardware and I get my weekends back, just in time.

First day off without pay in the new cost cutting scheme at the other job, I spent another afternoon assisting the assembly of a road bike on Monday. Road bikes are a lot more technical than mountain, more precise and becoming more and more my most desired rides. I spun the rear wheel of the bike lightly to check the wheel and then watched in awe as it just kept spinning as if someone was pedalling it. I swear it went on for 5 minutes. I'm learning lots and meet lots of the hockey crowd as they come in for skate sharpening.

The pic is of another showstopper from Naked Cycles in BC from the NAHBS.

No comments: