9.05.2008

NHL Fills Quickly

With our online registration running since the first week of August it took only 2 hours at the college to fill the six teams for Northwood's 2008-09 season. Parents were given an option to pay $100 extra and do no extra fundraising. 39% of people decided to pay the extra, makes everyone's life easier. This will also put the pressure on those that decided to pick the fundraising option to follow through.

So many times lately I have grabbed what looked like a promising book from the library, read 50 or so pages and decided I had better things to do. With sleep apnea in full effect I wasn't able to read for more than a page or two and I lost one of the things that I enjoy doing every day. Now I can get into a good book, if only I could find one. Last weekend I devoured Conn Iggulden's 'Lords of the Bow'. It is a historical fiction based on the life of Genghis Khan, the Mongolian leader that brought the tribes together to take on the most advanced empire in the world. It was a book that left me wanting more and fortunately there is another prequel and a new final sequal due out this month. I'm reading the first of 3 now (I always seem to grab bokk 2 of a series) and also have book 1 of his Julius Caeser series on the go, but JC will have to wait until I finish with GK. 












AJ's team went up 3 games to 2 in the Senior Men's semis tonight with an 8-1 win. The local sports said he had 4 hits, 3 runs and stole 2 bases. He probably followed that up with 3 or 4 wobbly pops. I guess as long as I stay away they'll keep doing well.

September:63 miles
09-05, Bridget:15 miles
09-04, Bridget:14 miles
09-04, Cecelia:2 miles

No comments: